The MISAC State Board Education Committee is excited to bring the Project Management Institute’s PMP course to SoCal! The course will be taught by Joseph Phillips (see http://josephphillips.com/resum/ and http://instructing.com), the guy who literally wrote the book and has sold thousands of them. The course will be four days of intensive project management training focused on PMBOK concepts and geared toward passing the PMP exam.
Dates: July 21-24, 2014 (four day course)
Location: Encinitas Ranch Golf Course – 1275 Quail Gardens Drive, Encinitas, CA 92024
Price: $1,400 (non-member price). Included in the price:
• Four days of intensive training,
• a copy of his CAPM/PMP exam prep book (see http://www.amazon.com/CAPM-Project-Management-All-Guide/dp/0071487484), and
• continental breakfast and buffet lunch for four days.
A special arrangement has been made with Mr. Phillips for access to his online PMP boot camp (see http://instructing.com/). Each paid attendee can optionally purchase a one-year subscription to the online course for $150 (regular price is $499). This online course offering can be used as a final exam prep for those attendees who can’t schedule the exam soon enough after the course. Once you have paid for your in-person course, please contact me directly if you are interested in purchasing the online package.
If you are unfamiliar with PMI and their PMP/CAPM education and experience requirements, please visit:
• http://www.pmi.org/certification/certified-associate-in-project-management-capm.aspx, and
• It is important that you start the PMI application process 2-3 months ahead of time because PMI has to approve your application first before they allow you to take the exam.
• The course will be held 7/21-7/24 at the Encinitas Ranch Golf Course.
• You will be fed!
Course payment information and hotel accommodations:
• Please visit the course payment page (http://www.misac.org/store/ViewProduct.aspx?id=2400750) and complete payment by May 30th. As always, we prefer that you use a credit card. If your agency requires that you create a PO and get a check created, please start that process now. ALL PAYMENTS WILL NEED TO BE COMPLETE/RECEIVED BY 5/30/14.
• If you intend on staying in a hotel, please know that San Diego’s Comic Con 2014 starts on 7/24 so hotel rooms availability might be tight. Since our course will be held in Encinitas and will be over by 7/24, we hope that out-of-towners won’t be impacted too much. Link to area hotels: http://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsNear-g32355-d270745-Encinitas_Ranch_Golf_Course-Encinitas_California.html
PMP is not just for IT folks – please talk with your Public Works, Engineering, and Management staff about this course! When you register, please choose the quantity you want to register and include the full attendee list in the “Additional Customer Information” field in the Checkout process.