About the workshop:
The purpose of the workshop is to provide public agencies with information about all of the financing options available to them to fund energy efficiency, renewable energy and water efficiency projects. The January 22 workshop at the Long Beach Gas and Oil Auditorium will feature SoCalREC’s Public Agency Master Lease Initiative, SCE’s On-Bill Financing, Commercial PACE Financing, and a discussion about the current climate of financing energy efficiency projects, including typical challenges and available financing options. Interested parties can register here.
Financing Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Projects Workshop
Tuesday, Jan. 22, from 8:45 a.m. – Noon
Long Beach Gas and Oil Auditorium
2400 E. Spring St.
Long Beach, CA 90806
The Southern California Regional Energy Center (SoCalREC) is a program that takes a regional approach to supporting local governments and other public agencies in achieving their goals to reduce energy use in their facilities through energy efficiency. Established by Los Angeles County and the City of Huntington Beach in collaboration with Southern California Edison and the U.S. Department of Energy, SoCalREC complements existing Local Government Partnerships by providing impartial and technology-neutral support to public agencies at no cost. The program accomplishes this by serving as a one-stop virtual center to offer energy management resources and staff expertise and support from project identification through implementation throughout the Southern California Edison service territories.
SoCalREC assists cities and other public agencies to:
- Identify energy saving opportunities;
- Examine the economic feasibility of undertaking energy efficiency projects;
- Facilitate bulk procurement of single energy efficiency measures across the region;
- Determine the most attractive financing option(s) for energy efficiency and other sustainability projects;
- Develop appropriate documents needed to get city council approval on energy efficiency projects;
- Provide project management support; and
- Draft case studies/press releases to communicate the achievement of successful projects.